Sunday, May 16, 2004

No pun intended

I went to the Taipei 101, full of most beautiful people in Taipei. The Sogo department store inside shows a promo video of no strip bras. Three nubile are jumping up and down with only the hi-tech clothes on to demo this novelty. No one stops and watches it except me. If they show some accidental failure of these bras, so-called wardrobe malfunction in the western civilization, in the tape, probably will attract some crowd. I think that’s the “selling point” 賣點 (in Chinese). Oh, no puns intended. That is 此點非彼點.


Up to the fourth floor, the gargantuan bookstore, the Page One. Another place for renaissance in the 21st century of Taipei, at least on paper. Again no puns intended. I spotted two French speaking. Overheard their dialogue.

tel est le bilan des victimes irakiennes des ce gon gon le.

I only got about 80% of what they conversed. Guess they were discussed Gong Li’s attire in Cannes, don’t know. (I am kidding, making up their dialogues)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?