Saturday, June 21, 2008

quotes from hou hsiao-hsien about "the flight of the red balloon"

Paris was a punt, he admits, but ultimately worthwhile. "I didn't know Paris very well because every time I went to France I went to the Cannes film festival.

"But one thing that intrigues me about Paris is that it has a lot of details in its daily life. There are cafes, little streets, all these details, people all gather around. They have a lot of detail in their culture," he says.

"Parisians may appear detached, but I feel there's a very refined but flexible relationship between private and public spaces there, whereas Tokyo is very rigid and the rules are strict, while Taipei is the total opposite to them both because basically there are no rules."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23769359-16947,00.html


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?